Spring has definitely sprung, which means love, new life, and apparently TRAVEL are in the air. For some reason, this time of year makes us filled with wanderlust, whether that’s in the form of a local getaway, or an international adventure.
Hayley just returned from a missions/tourism trip to Cuba, Tanisha and Hayley went camping with their family in Santa Barbara, and Nicole is heading to Japan tomorrow — so, naturally, we are making this a travel-themed post 😉
1. RAREFORM in Cuba:: Hayley partnered with our friend’s super awesome company (recently featured on Shark Tank!) that repurposes billboards into super durable, one-of-a-kind bags. They sent some of their products with Hayley on her recent trip, and then she did an instagram takeover/blog post with them!
Make sure to stay tuned for Hayley’s LL805 blog post on her recent travels to Cuba! #comingsoon
2. Ocean Mesa Campground :: Are you a camper, or a glamper? Regardless of your answer, this is probably going to be your new favorite campground [especially if you have kids!]. Hayley and Tanisha recently returned to this Santa Barbara gem, which offers tons of amenities while still maintaining a camping feel.
3. Jet-Setting Babies :: Traveling with a baby is HARD, guys. There’s so much to pack, they’re squirmy, and those airplane seats just aren’t roomy enough for a little person to sit on your lap. Alas, they’re free, so we bring them anyways.
How do you make this doable, without completely losing your freaking mind? Tanisha made it look effortless with a brand new baby in this post, chock-full of great tips for making it through airport security, packing a diaper bag, and more.
4. Airplane Kit DIY :: When you’re on a long international flight, and you need something to a) get you through it, and b) help you feel refreshed and ready to go when you deplane, this is what we pack in our personal item bag!
Stay tuned for an updated version on packing a diaper bag and a personal item to help two novice parents survive a 12-hour flight with a newly-crawling 8-month old [this post will likely be titled, “What Were We Thinking?!”]. We’ll let you know how it goes — if we make it out alive.
5. Celebrity Cruises Mobile Cinema Tour :: Hello, FREE event alert! We love that Celebrity Cruises is bringing its #CelebrityEdge Mobile Cinema Tour to the 805. Check out the tour stops and make sure to RSVP here while there’s still room! Come enjoy beverages and gourmet truffle popcorn, and have the opportunity to win one of more than 50 modern luxury giveaways with Celebrity. And be sure to say hello to us at the Westlake Village Celebrity Cruise events this weekend!
BONUS: Vintage Grocers is hosting a Bunny Brunch on Saturday 4/8 from 10a-2pm for only $10! Limited tickets are available at the store and they include bunny petting zoo, live music, egg hunt & face painting! Perfect for the little ones!
Flashlight EggHunt with Conejo Park & Rec on Friday 4/7 from 7-8:30pm at Conejo Creek [children over 2- $5, under 2- free]! Bring your flashlights and baskets for the Egg Hunt that starts at 8:00pm! A separate egg hunt area will be set up for the younger ones. Flashlights and baskets will be available for purchase. Get in FREE when you join Play Conejo http://bit.ly/2jWbft4
Your Team at LL805