LocalLove805 is a place to inspire, celebrate, discover and support our community. It’s a one-stop shop for discovering local businesses, hidden gems, planning your next event or weekend getaway and tapping into your local resources. We started LocalLove805.com not only to share all that Conejo Valley and growing 805 has to offer, but to inspire others to live a simple, social, active lifestyle and most importantly, to build a community.
We are three young professionals who grew up in the 805, and after moving away for a period of time, we all returned and chose to call it our home once again. I mean, it was only a matter of time before we each realized you don’t need to travel far, or even outside the 805, for the latest hotspot or weekend getaway. Instead, we strive to engage here in our community – to eat, shop, play & explore – to inspire, to connect and to share the 805 love with one another.
So, whether you’re coming to visit the 805 and surrounding area, or you’re a local, WELCOME! Please, spend some time with us and our community! We are so happy that you’re here and we hope that you come to love the 805 as much as we do 🙂
The LocalLove805 Marketplace
It wasn’t until shortly after starting LocalLove805 that we realized how many amazingly talented entrepreneurs and small businesses there are right here in the 805. It’s inspiring and yet, can also be a bit overwhelming — how do you find them all, how do you easily share these discoveries with your friends, how do you continue to support them? Well now you can simply visit our online shop to quickly discover, support and share your favorite local products. No more spending hours sifting through online shops and running from boutique to boutique for a personalized (possibly, last minute) gift. Now it’s simply all in one place, the LocalLove805 Marketplace.
Featuring hand-curated, locally-sourced and trusted products, the LocalLove805 Marketplace embraces our love for all of the creatives in our growing community, while simultaneously providing a simple way for consumers to shop small. Think “local farmers market” merged with your favorite boutique shop — amazing, right?! It’s quite literally a one-stop shop for discovering and purchasing all things local.
Welcome! Check it out (and even sign up as a vendor)! We’d love to have you 🙂
– Hayley, Nicole & Tanisha
- You’re most likely to find me: working out or making plans
- I don’t like: donuts or Oreos. #sorrynotsorry
- My guilty pleasure is: watching hours of Britney Spears dance videos (or just Britney, or just dance videos)
- My happy place is: the outdoors — preferably in a cozy cabin or camper in the mountains on a lake with a cup of coffee
- Known for: being indecisive AF, hanging my shirts inside out (which is an effect of my indecisiveness in what I was going to wear) and also, my love for gangster rap
- Favorite local spot: that’s a tough one, but I’d probably say camping at Refugio Beach and breakfast at El Capitan Canyon!
- My favorite way to sweat is: taking a contemporary dance class, or a HIIT exercise class!
- I don’t like: sleeping in too late — like, where did the day go?!
- My happy place is: on a porch in the mountains, with a cup of coffee (or a glass of wine) in my hand
- Known for: my love for puns — I seriously can’t help myself.
- My guilty pleasure is: Strawberry Australian Soft Licorice, and Dole Whip soft serve! Not together… although… maybe?
- Favorite local spot: Downtown Carpinteria, especially while beach camping! I swear, Padaro Beach Grill has THE best fish and chips everrr.
- You’re most likely to find me: either drinking coffee (needed after waking up too early thanks to my toddlers) or wine (needed after walking said two toddlers)
- I don’t like: people who don’t like breakfast
- My happy place is: a cozy morning with my girls (after they have hopefully slept in past 6:30am) and hubby drinking a cup of hot coffee (that has not yet been reheated)
- Known for: my love of crime shows
- My guilty pleasure is: Hallmark Christmas movies (I just LOVE all things Christmas!)
- Favorite local spot: it’s a tie between beach camping at Refugio or wine tasting in Los Olivos