The Farmer’s Market at the Westlake Village Promenade is definitely our new favorite addition to an already spectacular local shopping center! Open from 10am-3pm on Saturdays, head to the Westlake Promenade Farmer’s Market to enjoy local produce, artisan goods, savories and sweets, as well as fun for the whole family! There are always fun events coming up (like a pop-up CycleBar class, or even a petting zoo!) so you’ll want to head here every week to see what’s new.
These were our five favorite farmer’s market finds — what are your’s?
1. Fresh flowers
Our first stop at Vintage Grocers’ flower stand was …
Hope you all had a relaxing and refreshing Father’s Day weekend 🙂 It was Brett’s first Father’s Day as a new “dada” (as Graham calls him… ok he calls me that too sometimes, haha!), so I decided to take our little family north to Ventura for the day!
[photo cred: Brooke Borough Photography]
We loaded up our bikes and lathered on the sunscreen because hellooo did you see how beautiful it was yesterday?! There’s a free parking lot at the far end of Main Street, …
HELLO, March. 🙂 Does this week’s weather have you feeling like spring is near?!? ‘Cuz we sure do! Apparently it’s supposed to rain on Sunday though, so don’t put away your winter jackets just yet.
1. Even though it’s sunny and spring-like today, don’t forget winter is still here in the mountains. So make sure to get in your last bit of snowy escapes before it’s all sunshine and rainbows/beaches 😉 2. Local entrepreneurs and good friends of our’s, Alec & Aric Avedissian, will be on Read More
1. The newly created Boutique Wine Club which brings the best of 805 wine right to your door! PLUS, we have a $25 value SPECIAL OFFER for our readers — check out our blog post here to get the deets!
2. Y’all know we love our coffee and we especially love discovering new, local coffee roasters! We are super excited about Calioh Coffee and Prospect Coffee Roasters, both based in Ventura!! Have you tried either?
3. The sunshine is out and it hasn’t rained …
Whether you’re a football fan, or just a fan of beer and snacks, there’s something for everyone on Super Bowl Sunday. Think of this as a mix-and-match guide to achieve your ideal level of “chill” during your Super Bowl experience — and make this the ultimate Sunday Funday!
Joggers or yoga pants and a weekend top (must mention either “weekend,” “brunch,” “Sunday funday,” a team or sport of some sort). Elastic waistbands are a must on Super Bowl Sunday.
Full on team gear from head to toe — or dressed to impress, because you can [you do you, girl ;)]. Or, dress your baby in …
Summer is starting to wrap up — but, as any 805-native knows, that hardly means the end of amazing weather, warm days, backyard barbecues, and balmy evenings. Cram in some more summer fun before pumpkin-flavored-EVERYTHING starts rolling out!
1. MadeWest Brewing Company :: joining the ranks of my faaavorite breweries in the 805, MadeWest is hot on the scene. Grab a generous 4oz sample size of any beer for only $2 [seriously!] with most full-size beers coming in at $3 and $4.
::: originally published August 28, 2015 :::
Okay, so, it was one of those Fridays when you just need a serious end-of-week decompression, so Brett and I set out for some ocean views and seafood. As I was sitting in Friday PCH traffic ::blegh:: I started searching for a new spot with coastal views and a reasonable price range (sorry not sorry, Nobu).
Suddenly, I remembered Malibu Seafood — don’t ask me how, but I think it was a Divine intervention. I saw that it was BYOB (score!) so I pulled off at the Malibu Canyon Ralph’s, grabbed a sixer of Blue Moon Summer …
1. Surf Rodeo [Ventura] :: What do cowboys and surfers have in common? Well… not much. But, watch as Ventura makes this a reality!
Where else can you participate in a greased pig contest, while watching a surf competition, and later competing in a Cornhole championship?? Here, that’s where! Don’t forget to buy tickets online to save some cash!
2. Santa Barbara French Festival [Bastille Day] :: we love all things Français [we’re looking at you, crêpes and wine!] …
This weekend, we will be celebrating our own Hayley’s 30th birthday (!!!) camping and boating at Lake Nacimiento! That’s right, we will be traveling up to our more northern 805 destinations, and making some fun stops in the area. Here are our favorite stops on the way to Lake Nacimiento, on today’s Five Friday Faves!
1. Casa Dumetz Winery [Los Alamos] — great place to stop for some wine on your way up to more wine country!
Your picnic basket is looking a little sad, sitting there in the corner of your closet. Don’t you think that it’s time it got out a little?
Good news, everyone — Summer Concerts are almost here!!
Here’s a round-up of some great places to pack a picnic dinner and wine, grab a big blanket, and hear some tunes while taking advantage of these balmy summer evenings. Singing along is strongly encouraged.