Luke and I just spent a recent weekend at Sequioa National Park for our 4 year anniversary… and it was awesome. If you haven’t been yet, or it’s just been awhile, I definitely recommend it. We were looking into Zion and Yosemite for our anniversary, but both were a little too last minute to plan (and a bit further distance), so we opted for Sequioa — which is just a 4 hour (mostly beautiful) drive from home!
Having married a man whom was born and raised in Lake Tahoe, it goes without saying that I have made many road trips from LA to Stateline, NV.
Growing up, I was not a fan of long car rides. I was the kid that kept asking, “How many more minutes until we get there?” and groaning at whatever answer I received. Of course, I wasn’t completely …
We are so excited for the grand opening of CycleBar at The Lakes in Thousand Oaks — so naturally, we decided to theme this #FFF for all things CYCLE.
1. CycleBar Thousand Oaks :: We are partnering with this new premiere cycle studio to offer our wonderful readers a FREE CLASS On Saturday, September 16 at 2pm! To enter to snag a spot, head to our Instagram page, tag 2 friends, and we will announce winners on Wednesday 🙂 BONUS: CycleBar will giving away 5 classes with a gift basket to one of the lucky attendees! Sounds like the best day ever, right?!
Summer means spending lots of time outdoors, especially since the days are long and it is always gorgeous out here! If you’re looking for a great hike [with lots of shade… hiii heatwave!] that is dog- and kid-friendly, look no further than Solstice Canyon. Here’s one of our favorite throwback posts for today’s Work-It Wednesday — enjoy!
::: ::: ::: ::: :::
So, I woke up on Saturday morning and got the strange urge for a hike.
Now, for me, hikes are fine and all, but I have a couple of caveats:
1. The hike needs to be pretty gorgeous and/or have …
Hope you all had a relaxing and refreshing Father’s Day weekend 🙂 It was Brett’s first Father’s Day as a new “dada” (as Graham calls him… ok he calls me that too sometimes, haha!), so I decided to take our little family north to Ventura for the day!
[photo cred: Brooke Borough Photography]
We loaded up our bikes and lathered on the sunscreen because hellooo did you see how beautiful it was yesterday?! There’s a free parking lot at the far end of Main Street, …
It’s time for Work It Wednesday, and we’re including man’s best friend for today’s workout post 🙂
That’s right, we’re killing two birds with one stone today — not only will you get some fresh air and good exercise, but you can also bring your dog along too!
This is the perfect way to get your daily dose of pure 805 sunshine and exercise your pup (and yourself, of course) — we promise, both you and your furry friend will love the trails, parks, and beaches we’ve listed here! And guess what (!?), our tax dollars pay for the maintenance anyways, so go get your money’s worth already!
HELLO, March. 🙂 Does this week’s weather have you feeling like spring is near?!? ‘Cuz we sure do! Apparently it’s supposed to rain on Sunday though, so don’t put away your winter jackets just yet.
1. Even though it’s sunny and spring-like today, don’t forget winter is still here in the mountains. So make sure to get in your last bit of snowy escapes before it’s all sunshine and rainbows/beaches 😉 2. Local entrepreneurs and good friends of our’s, Alec & Aric Avedissian, will be on Read More
1. The newly created Boutique Wine Club which brings the best of 805 wine right to your door! PLUS, we have a $25 value SPECIAL OFFER for our readers — check out our blog post here to get the deets!
2. Y’all know we love our coffee and we especially love discovering new, local coffee roasters! We are super excited about Calioh Coffee and Prospect Coffee Roasters, both based in Ventura!! Have you tried either?
3. The sunshine is out and it hasn’t rained …
I love to be active and explore while on vacation, as I think most people do — unless you’re more the lounging, reading a book type, which is also fine (I guess;). Don’t get me wrong, I’m all about laying poolside and enjoying a few Pina Coladas (which the waiter so kindly brought over to me) … BUT, that kind of vacay only happens every so often, and after a day or two of lounging, I’m usually ready for some activity anyway.
I was recently camping at Refugio Beach (one of our family’s fave local campgrounds) and realized how many simply ways there are to incorporate exercise and/or …
Summertime means long nights and lots of beach days. One of my favorite local beaches is Point Dume in Malibu. Surprisingly, even having grown up in Thousand Oaks, I hadn’t been to Point Dume until last year (I know, I know. WHAT!?). I’ve been all over the coast to countless beaches, but for some reason, Point Dume was never on the list of go-to’s. But I’ll tell you what, it is now and here’s why –
For our day date, …