…talk about killing two birds with one stone!
The HOPE4Kids Festival and Run is a community event that benefits the foster youth of Ventura County. This 5K, 10K, and kids one mile “fun run” event takes place on Saturday, April 28th from 8am to 2pm in Lake Sherwood [2300 Norfield Drive, Thousand Oaks]. The festival and run is a community effort sponsored by Raising Hope Inc., Ventura County Children and Family Services, Living Oaks Community Church, and several other community partners.
This event is to raise awareness for the needs of foster youth in Ventura County as well as the need for additional …
We are so excited for the grand opening of CycleBar at The Lakes in Thousand Oaks — so naturally, we decided to theme this #FFF for all things CYCLE.
1. CycleBar Thousand Oaks :: We are partnering with this new premiere cycle studio to offer our wonderful readers a FREE CLASS On Saturday, September 16 at 2pm! To enter to snag a spot, head to our Instagram page, tag 2 friends, and we will announce winners on Wednesday 🙂 BONUS: CycleBar will giving away 5 classes with a gift basket to one of the lucky attendees! Sounds like the best day ever, right?!
What did you do with all of that extra sunlight on Tuesday? This is white-wine-drinking, porch-sitting, live music weather — and we are soaking in every minute of it!
Here are five ways to take advantage of these balmy summer evenings…
1. Outdoor Concerts :: because it gives you a great excuse to drink wine out of a travel coffee mug and have it be socially appropriate (or is that not socially appropriate…?)
Janss Marketplace Summer Concert Series [Thousand Oaks]: Check it out each Wednesday night from 6-8pm — this week kicks off the series with Ticket to Ride, a Beatles tribute band! Don’t forget …
Summer means spending lots of time outdoors, especially since the days are long and it is always gorgeous out here! If you’re looking for a great hike [with lots of shade… hiii heatwave!] that is dog- and kid-friendly, look no further than Solstice Canyon. Here’s one of our favorite throwback posts for today’s Work-It Wednesday — enjoy!
::: ::: ::: ::: :::
So, I woke up on Saturday morning and got the strange urge for a hike.
Now, for me, hikes are fine and all, but I have a couple of caveats:
1. The hike needs to be pretty gorgeous and/or have …
We have always admired Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village‘s commitment to health and wellness, and look forward to their Global Wellness Day events every. year.
This year, however, they have totally one-upped themselves.
1. This Sunday is Mother’s Day and every mom deserves to be celebrated! In case you didn’t know, being a mom is HARD so to show your mom (or mother figure) how much you love and appreciate her (because you better!), we have our top 10 Mother’s Day ideas on the blog.
2. It’s our (Hayley and Tanisha’s) sister’s birthday this weekend (HBD Ry!) and we are going to celebrate with some local wine tasting at DeLiese Cellars and Giessinger Winery (we’ve never been to either). We really like wine and love trying out new wineries.
What are some of your favorite local …
In case you thought we were done with announcing our giveaways… we have MORE.
Here is another sneak peak of what you can win at our BLOGiversary celebration [remember, it’s Saturday April 27 — a.k.a. TOMORROW — from 2-5pm at RELM Wine + Beer Bistro in Camarillo!]. See you there!
Copper Mugs Co. :: Who doesn’t love a good Moscow Mule, especially when it is served from a cold copper mug? Thanks to Copper Mugs Co. in Ventura, we will be giving away a set of copper mugs PLUS a hand-stamped cuff that says “MOM” — perfect for Mother’s Day …
Let’s just make one thing clear: we are pretty picky when it comes to workout classes. Also, workout classes and memberships are NOT cheap.
So, in our opinion, you have every reason to be a bit pickier than normal — especially when it comes with a service you are paying for and ultimately, investing in.
Having spent almost two years as ClassPass members, we’ve spent a lot of time in various studios across LA and the 805 — and from those experiences, we’ve put some “must-haves” in place.
Last week, we got the chance to stop in to the new StudioBPM in Agoura Hills for a Cycle + Circuit Combo class …
When the New Year comes around, I can’t help but feel nostalgic about everything that happened during the past 365 days. With the retrospective look, however, comes the reminder to look forward — making goals is one major way to ensure you’re getting to where you want to be.
As my wise dad says, “Aim at nothing, and you will surely hit it.”
Another fave is from an equally wise man, Albert Einstein: “Life is like riding a bicycle; to keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
So, whether you’re all, “2016 was the best. year. EVER.” or you’re like, “Let’s never speak of 2016 again,” …
During my pregnancy, I stayed very active — I was doing cycling, HIIT classes, Pilates, and barre classes up until the week before I delivered, determined to keep my body strong for the marathon of birth that was to come.
In my search for pregnancy-safe exercises, I was inundated with Instagram pictures, emails, and advertisements touting postpartum fitness plans that guaranteed I …