1. TBH, I get more upset about the rising cost of avocados than I get about the rising cost of gas prices [#priorities]. Well, two of my favorite things are about to join forces: avocados and Carpinteria! AvoFest is comin’ atcha this weekend (Oct 2-4) and, guess what… it’s FREE. Need we say more?
2. Underwood Family Farms is kicking off their Fall Harvest Festival this weekend and it goes through Oct. 31st. We love picking out pumpkins here every year. Plus, they have all sorts of fun for kids – ponies, goats, and more! Be sure to check out their website for a full list of events this season.
3. It’s the most wonderful time of the year…Oktoberfest! Well ok, Christmas is our absolute fave, but Oktoberfest is pretty great too;) Here are a few of our favorite Oktoberfest events happening here in the 805:
- Enegren in Moorpark Saturday Oct. 3
- Madonna Inn in SLO Friday-Saturda Oct. 2-3
- Malibu Cafe in Malibu Canyon Saturday- SundayOct. 10-11
- Stonehaus in Westlake Village Friday-Sunday Oct. 16-18
4. Can you believe it’s already October? September (better yet, the summer) flew by and now fall is in full swing (minus the weather. Come on El Nino!). Either way, we can’t wait to start crossing things off of our Fall Bucket List.
5. We found out recently about a Yoga & Harvest event involving…you guessed it yoga and a farm to table dinner! It will be held at The Farmstead and Folded Hills Ranch in Gaviota on October 17th from 12-7pm. For more details be sure to check out their website here and they are offering $10 off to our LL805 readers with the code FARMSTEDLOVE.
We hope you all have an amazing first weekend of October! Make sure to tag us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter @locallove805 #LL805 to #spreadthelove when you’re out and about in the 805!
Your Team at LL805