It’s the weekend and although we were getting really excited for fall with the cooler weather we were having and the PSL’s we were drinking, we don’t mind the late reminder of summer. It will be a beautiful weekend to head outdoors and enjoy some of our Five Friday Faves!
1. Beer festivals and Oktoberfest events aplenty are coming to the 805 (yay!!). All weekend long you can check out the California Beer Festival at Plaza Park in Ventura. There are several different events taking place this weekend along with lots of craft beer tasting, live entertainment, and food. But hurry, this is a very popular event and tickets are selling fast!
Next Saturday be sure to check out FigtoberFest at the Figueroa Mountain Brewery in Westlake Village. There will be German food, festive music, FigtoberFest beer on draught (for $5!!), games, contests, and more. So be sure to grab your lederhosen, some friends, and head on over from noon to close to enjoy the festivities!
2. I of course have to mention the adorable felt floral wreath that I purchased from a local etsy shop owner Alison Flickinger for my baby girl #2’s nursery! We’re going with a floral theme and this wreath is perfect (and she has a lot of other cute stuff I had a hard time deciding what to get!). Be sure to check out her etsy shop here and if you have other local shops you love to support let us know! We’re all about #shopsmall #shoplocal 🙂
3. Looking for a way to give back to your community? This Saturday is the 32nd Annual California Coastal Cleanup. You can volunteer at one of 20 site in Ventura County to help clean up our local beaches.
4. For those country music fans, be sure to check out Malibu Wines Country Up n’ Wine Down this Saturday from 6-9pm. Entry is free and you can dance to live music by Sterling Silver while enjoying some delicious local wine!
If you’re not a big country music fan, but a wine and paint night might be more up your alley, then head on over to The Lakes at Thousand Oaks Friday and Saturday from 5-6:30pm as part of the Thousand Oaks Arts Festival. There will be several other events, exhibits, and performances happening this weekend at both the Civic Arts Plaza and The Lakes.
5. And lastly, one of our absolute faves this week is Nicole’s post on her adorable nursery for baby Graham. If you missed out on the photos of her pinterest-worthy vintage plane decor you need to read her post here. She also has great space saving tips and a little before and after comparison of how they turned their attached office into the cutest nursery.
So we’ll leave you with this sweet picture of baby Graham and wish you all a happy weekend in the 805! Don’t forget to tag us on instagram, facebook, and twitter @LocalLove805 #LL805 when you are out and about…especially if you are enjoying one of our five friday faves!
Your Team at LL805