1. Pull your boots on and get ready to cowboy up — Oakheart Country Music Festival is this weekend!
This Saturday at Conejo Creek Park in Thousand Oaks, you will get the chance to line dance in your cutoff jean shorts to the likes of Rodney Atkins, Josh Thompson, Chase Bryant, and more. You can also sign up to volunteer this event (psst, that means FREE admission for just a little work!). Can I get a “yee-haw?!” [buy your tickets here!]
2. Happy 30th to the Ventura Farmer’s Market!
You can have your cake and eat it, too, during their birthday bash this Saturday, June 4th, featuring chef demonstrations, live music, entertainment, face painting, and, yes, free. birthday. cake.
3. Who loves movies?? WE DO. Especially ones at ridiculously discounted prices.
The Regal Cinema’s Grand Opening is happening June 5-7, featuring $3 movies, $3 popcorn, and $3 soft drinks for a special preview/fundraiser, benefiting many local charities (win-win!). [see the lineup here]
What’s more, you can score a FREE small popcorn & FREE small fountain drink with each paid admission June 9 – June 16. I sense a date night in your near future..!
4. Speaking of movies and date night, Malibu Wines has started up their summer Outdoor Movie Night Under the Stars again! We went last year, and it was so. much. fun.
Admission is free (just buy a bottle of vino!) — and the movie starts right after sundown. Bring your picnic dinner, blanket, and friends, and enjoy movies like The Goonies, Clueless, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, and more!
5. If outdoor concerts are more your thing then head on over to Constitution Park in Camarillo from 7:3o to 9:30pm for a free concert featuring The Ultimate Tribute to Rod Stewart. Make a date night out of it by packing some chairs, a picnic and a bottle of wine!
We hope you guys have a great weekend and don’t forget to let us know what you are up to by tagging us on facebook, instagram, and twitter @LocalLove805 #LL805. Happy weekend guys!
Your Team at LL805