1. Solar Eclipse Viewing on Monday, August 21 :: Thanks to our beautiful Santa Monica Mountains Parks Service, there will be 3 locations hosting Solar Eclipse events!
- Downtown L.A. (L.A. State Historic Park; 1245 N. Spring Street, Los Angeles): Bring out a blanket and enjoy one of L.A.’s newest parks! Come straight to the park, or meet with rangers at 8:30 a.m. to hike over from the new Gateway to Nature center in El Pueblo.
- Calabasas (King Gillette Ranch; 26876 Mulholland Highway, Calabasas): Join a ranger at the Santa Monica Mountains Interagency Visitor Center for a program about the total solar eclipse and more at 9:30 a.m. Afterward, view the eclipse from the visitor center grounds.
- Thousand Oaks (Rancho Sierra Vista; Via Goleta & Lynn Road, Thousand Oaks): Join rangers at 9:30 a.m. for children’s activities, Native American sky stories, + watching the eclipse. Meet at the Satwiwa Native American Indian Culture Center for all of the fun!
2. Booze, Bites & Bingo at The Tasting Room (Four Seasons Westlake Village) on Saturday at 6pm :: a fun and interactive game night featuring a wine-themed Bingo, locally sources wine and small plates. Cost is $20 for game #1 and includes a glass of wine! Each additional game is $5. Come sip & socialize and win some great prizes! To reserve your spot check out their instagram page and/or call 818.575.3000.
3. In case you haven’t noticed on our instagram page, we LOVED our macrame class with HOMEmade Ventura this past week at Camarillo Ranch. We made this adorable plant hanger complete with a copper plant pot from local company and friends, The Copper Mug Co. We highly recommend taking Jessica’s class which she offers all throughout the 805! STAY TUNED:: blog post with all the deets coming soon!
4. This weekend there are several events happening at some of our local 805 breweries- HA HA HOPS at Ladyface Alehouse in Agoura Hills starting at 9PM hosted by local comedian (and TOHS alum), James Frey. Then head on over to Enegren Brewing this Saturday starting at 11AM to celebrate their 6th Anniversary! There will be live music, food trucks, beer releases and more. This is one of our fave local breweries and this event is sure to be packed, so get there early! 5. If you’re a mama, a soon-to-be mama, or traveling with a mama (and baby) you MUST READ Nicole’s post on traveling abroad with a baby! She gives some great tips on not only keeping your sanity while traveling with a baby, but actually enjoying it too. Yes, it’s possible:) #havebabywilltravel
And that’s it for this week’s #fivefridayfaves ! What’s on your list??
Please let us know in the comments below and make sure to tag us @locallove805 #LL805 on instagram!
~Hayley, Nicole & Tanisha