In case you haven’t noticed, we really enjoy good beer and wine over here at LL805. And, when you combine those two things into a fun festival environment with live music and yummy food…oh boy, are we ever in!
Fortunately for all of us in the 805, we are close to many of the best west coast breweries and wineries around — just another perk of living in the 805 🙂
Check out our list below to find a local festival (or two or three) to attend and let us know how it goes! We would love to hear about it!
Avila Beach 805 Beach Festival
- August 16th from 12-5pm at the Avila Beach Golf Resort.
- 805 Ales and Firestone Walker beer served all day as well as enjoy local food for sale, beach games, and live artists.
- A portion of the proceeds benefit the Surfrider Foundation so you can have fun will giving back to the community.
Thousand Oaks Kiwanis Brew Fest
- August 28th from 4-8pm at the Lakeside Pavilion.
- Enjoy a night from local breweries, wineries and restaurants all while supporting a great cause. Their motto is donating to charity has never been so much fun– sounds good to us!
SLO Brews & Bites
- August 30th from 12-5pm at the Mission Plaza.
- Join local craft brewers for a festival of handcraft beers and live music from local musicians.
- Entrance is FREE! and packages are available to purchase for beer tasting.
Ventura’s California Beer Festival
- September 20th & 21st from 12:30-5pm at Mission Park in Downtown Ventura.
- Sept 20: Craft Beer Heaven where there will be over 130 craft beers on tap, food trucks, and live music!!
- Sept 21: Blues and BBQ Festival is a family friendly event where you can sample amazing BBQ from all over the state.
- October 11th from 1-9:30pm held at the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo.
- Be transported to a traditional, old world Oktoberfest complete with an authentic German beer garden and German inspired meal.
Santa Barbara Pints for the Park (I mean, how cute is that name!?!)
- October 18th from 12-4pm at beautiful Elings Park.
- Sample some of the best brewers from the west and eat some great food all while listening to several live bands!
- Plus the purchase of your ticket ($50) helps support two local Santa Barbara charities so you can feel good about it too 🙂
- August 20th from 6-9pm at Herzog Wine Cellar.
- An intimate night of food and wine featuring over 200+ wineries and sampling from the menu of Herzog Wine Cellar’s own Tierra Sur restaurant.
- September 5-6th at the Paso Robles Event Center.
- This event is a celebration of premium wines and cigars and as they call it…”the good life.”
- Sept 5: from 6-11pm enjoy dinner, a poker tournament, live auction, live music, and of course wine tastings and cigars.
- Sept 6: from 1-6pm experience a day filled with food, raffles, a silent auction, grape stomping, premium wine tasting, premium cigar samples, craft brew tastings, cigar rolling demonstrations, and live music!!
- October 5th from 5-8pm at the historic Ventura Pier.
- Sample some of the county’s best food and wine from local restaurants, cafes, breweries, and wineries while listening to live music– dancing is encouraged 🙂
- This sell-out event is hosted by Pier into the Future to benefit the 140 year old Ventura Pier. They will also be holding a silent auction during the festival.
Santa Barbara Vitners Celebration of Harvest
- October 10-13: wineries offer special dinners, barrel tastings and library sales so you can learn more about your favorite Santa Barbara County wines while visiting the vineyards themselves or checking out that restaurant you’ve been dying to try.
- October 11th Harvest Festival Grand Tasting: Held at Old Mission Santa Ines from 1-4pm [or you can purchase early entry tickets and arrive before the crowd at noon!] you can taste wines from over 100+ wineries, sample food from the finest local restaurants and caterers, and enjoy live music.
- They are also holding a silent auction during the Grand Tasting event with proceeds benefiting People Helping People.
Paso Robles Harvest Wine Weekend
- October 17-19th: this event filled weekend includes over 130 activities! Experience winemaker dinners, grape stomps, library tastings, artisanal food pairings, live music, and more!
- An event brochure will be coming out in early August and will guide you through winery events, touring companies, restaurants, and accommodations of all types.
Ventura’s Wine, Dine and Jazz
- Every Sunday afternoon during November (that’s right…every!) from 12-3pm at scenic Ventura Harbor Village.
- Experience live jazz, wine tastings and pairings, flights, and food specials.
Paso Robles Garagiste Festival
- November 6-9th: this wine festival held at the Ponderosa Pavilion area of the Paso Fairgrounds celebrates the small artisan winemakers of the Santa Ynez Valley (including Casa Dumetz Wines which we visited earlier this summer!)
- Tickets go on sale August 18th!
- November 7-9th: this wine festival involves several events including a winemaker dinners on Nov. 7th, outdoor grand tasting, and auction on Nov. 8th and winery open houses on Nov. 9th.
- Grand Tasting and Auction on Saturday takes place at Avila Beach Golf Resort featuring wine tasting, artisan foods, and live music.
Told you there was a lot! 🙂
If you attend one (or two or three!) of these beer and wine festivals in the 805 area, please let us know! Tag us on instagram and facebook @locallove805 #LL805 #spreadthelove! We would love to see pics of you guys out and about enjoying life in the 805!
your team at LL805